19th Century Railway Drawings in 4mm Scale
In Nineteenth Century Railway Drawings in 4mm Scale, Alan Prior has prepared from a variety of sources a widely representative selection of drawings, all reproduced to the standard British 4mm scale for 00 gauge or the finer scale EM and Protofour derivatives, of locomotives, rolling stock, signalling and track of many companies in the period from the 1820s, as the Stockton & Darlington Railway opened, to the end of the century when Atlantic and 4-6-0 locomotives had just appeared, and bogie coaches were becoming common. Between are a wide variety of locomotives and stock of the early trunk lines, including the Great Western Broad Gauge, and the developments including improved track and signalling of mid-Victorian years. The drawings, which are finely detailed, with dimensions, will provide modellers and students of the Victorian railway scene with a substantial appetiser which, it is hoped, will encourage them to delve more deeply into railways a century ago. Chapters: Introduction;
- Chauldron, flat and construction wagons, c. 1800;
- Killingworth Colliery Locomotive by George Stephenson, c.1820;
- S&DR 0-4-0 locomotive and tender Locomotion by Messrs Stephenson & Co., 1825 (as preserved); S&DR 0-6-0 locomotive and tenders 'Royal George' by Timothy Hackworth, 1827;
- S&DR Carriage and Wagon, c.1825;
- L&BR 2-2-0 locomotive and tender by Bury, 1838;
- C&BR and M&LR first class carriages, c.1840 and c.1839 etc;
- M&LR second and third class carriages, c.1839;
- M&LR open goods wagon, c.1839, and M&BR coal wagon, c.1839.
Hardback with dust jacket, 96 pages.
Most books are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders below £10.00, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.