Aspects of Modelling: Railway Electrics
This book is currently out of print and our stocks have been exhausted. Should the book be reprinted, this message will be removed and the book will be available to order again.
This popular and informative guide now reprinted by constant demand introduces the concepts and practice of wiring model railway layouts in an easy and accessible manner. Beginning with the basics the book covers cab control, point control, signalling, train detection and lighting. Starting from the assumption that the reader has no knowledge above connecting up a train set, the book will guide the reader through the various techniques used until they have the knowledge to wire up a complex model railway. Individual chapters will concentrate on separate topics which build in complexity.
This gradual approach will allow readers to apply the ideas as their confidence grows. The final chapter offers a trouble-shooting guide to enable modellers to track down and correct electrical faults on their model railway. A glossary of terms is included along with a useful listing of suppliers. A must-have purchase for anyone thinking of including electrics on their model rail layout.
- Introduction - Things to consider: conventional or DCC, manual or electric point operation, solenoid or slow motion point motors, working signals, scenic lighting
- Tools, materials and best practice - What tools are needed
- Wiring the track - Cab control
- Wiring point and signal motors - Different types of actuators and how to control them
- Signalling - Working colour lights and semaphores
- Train detection - Various systems - infra red, reed relays, current detection
- Scenic uses - Loco and train lighting
- Fault finding - What to do when things go wrong
Most books are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders below £10.00, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.