Building a Folding Model Railway Layout: A Comprehensive Guide
Determining where and how to store a model railway when it is not in use can be difficult, especially if space is severely limited; a folding railway layout can be the solution to this problem. The author has designed an ingenious folding wooden case that accommodates his truly remarkable N-gauge multi-track layout, and which is also suitable for an oval track layout in 00 gauge. In this fascinating book, the author describes all aspects of how to build the folding case and how to construct the layout within using lightweight materials such as rigid foam.
- Covers gauge sizes and design considerations
- Considers modelling materials, tools and adhesives
- Provides a comprehensive account of how to build the folding case and the layout, including laying the track, wiring and electrics, modelling the buildings and creating water effects
- Highlights some of the most remarkable features of the layout and shows the reader how to construct and install a working cable car, moving road vehicles, a revolving children's roundabout and a helicopter with motorized rotor blades
- Demonstrates creating lighting effects using LEDs and fibre optics
Most orders are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment. If there is going to be a significant delay, we will endeavour to contact you and give you an estimated dispatch time.
Please be aware that advance orders will be sent as soon as the relevant book has been published.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders of £10 or less, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large, bulky or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.
Royal Mail will only accept parcels up to 5kg in weight (2kg for Canada). If you are ordering multiple items that exceed these limits, please get in touch with us first so that we can advise you of the appropriate shipping rate.