Building Bridges and Viaducts for Model Railways
Written by an acknowledged expert, this practical book is essential reading for all those railway modellers who wish to build a bridge or a viaduct for their layout.
- Contains in-depth descriptions and photographs of real-life bridges located around Britain (and one in New Zealand), ranging from the small to the monumental, from which the modeller can gain ideas and draw inspiration
- Describes, as an essential aid to modelling, the constituent parts of the bridges, the engineering principles that make them 'work' and the materials from which they are built
- Presents detailed, step-by-step instructions and photographs depicting the construction in plasticard of five models: a simple girder bridge; a truss-girder bridge; a masonry arch bridge; a plate-girder bridge; and a viaduct
- Covers prototype research, taking measurements, modelling materials and tools
- Examines the finishing process, including different ways of applying paint and weathering powders in order to make your model look authentic
Most orders are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment. If there is going to be a significant delay, we will endeavour to contact you and give you an estimated dispatch time.
Please be aware that advance orders will be sent as soon as the relevant book has been published.
When placing your order, please ensure that you add the correct full shipping address to your order. This includes house number, street name, zip code/post code. If parcels are returned on account of an incorrect shipping address we will contact you to seek the correct address and also ask that you pay a contribution towards posting the parcel to you a second time.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders of £10 or less, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large, bulky or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.
Royal Mail will only accept parcels up to 5kg in weight (2kg for Canada). If you are ordering multiple items that exceed these limits, please get in touch with us first so that we can advise you of the appropriate shipping rate.