Building Bridges and Viaducts for Model Railways
Written by an acknowledged expert, this practical book is essential reading for all those railway modellers who wish to build a bridge or a viaduct for their layout.
- Contains in-depth descriptions and photographs of real-life bridges located around Britain (and one in New Zealand), ranging from the small to the monumental, from which the modeller can gain ideas and draw inspiration
- Describes, as an essential aid to modelling, the constituent parts of the bridges, the engineering principles that make them 'work' and the materials from which they are built
- Presents detailed, step-by-step instructions and photographs depicting the construction in plasticard of five models: a simple girder bridge; a truss-girder bridge; a masonry arch bridge; a plate-girder bridge; and a viaduct
- Covers prototype research, taking measurements, modelling materials and tools
- Examines the finishing process, including different ways of applying paint and weathering powders in order to make your model look authentic
Most books are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders below £10.00, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.