Building Coaches: A Complete Guide for Railway Modellers
This beautifully illustrated and practical book covers a wide variety of materials and processes, and tells you everything you need to know about building model railway coaches. Master modeller, George Dent, guides the reader through the necessary techniques and skills. All aspects of the subject are covered from kit building in metal, plastic, resin and wood; soldering, weathering, painting and lining; 3-D printed kits and components; adding passengers to the carriages; upgrading off-the-shelf models; kit assembly, scratch-building and finishing.
- Provides important advice on choosing the right tools, materials and adhesives
- Covers kit building in metal, plastic, resin and wood
- Presents many ideas for detailing, modifying and converting ready-to-run and kit-built coaches
- Includes essential step-by-step guides to soldering, weathering, painting and lining
- Considers how to get the best from 3-d printed kits and components
- Shows the modeller how too produce fully appointed, illuminated interiors to suit any period
- Demonstrates how to improve carriage couplings and how to create authentic working gangways
- Explains how to build coaches and parts from scratch, including the creation of resin castings
Most books are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders below £10.00, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.