Fell Mountain Railways
By Keith Pearson, 362pages, hardback, A4,
Chapter headings -
- Personal Introduction
- Prologue The Fell’s Ancestral Landscape
- Chapter 1 The Fells, 1700-1850
- Chapter 2 Fell and Jopling: in Furness and in Italy
- Chapter 3 The Fell Engine Trials
- Chapter 4 The Fell Engine Trials, continued
- Chapter 5 The Mont Cenis: the Pass and the Railway
- Chapter 6 Company Affairs, 1865-1866
- Chapter 7 Company Affairs, 1866-1867
- Chapter 8 Company Affairs, 1867-1868
- Chapter 9 The Final Years, 1868-1871
- Chapter 10 Train Services and Operating Practices
- Chapter 11 The Locomotives and Stock of the M.C.R
- Chapter 12 Fell’s Narrow Gauge Adventures
- Chapter 13 South American Adventure: the Cantagallo
- Chapter 14 The New Zealand Fell Railways
- Chapter 15 The Works of George Noble Fell
- Appendix 1 The Fell Patents
- Appendix 2 Fell System Proposals that did not Proceed
- Appendix 3 The Lartigue Connection
Most orders are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment. If there is going to be a significant delay, we will endeavour to contact you and give you an estimated dispatch time.
Please be aware that advance orders will be sent as soon as the relevant book has been published.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders of £10 or less, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large, bulky or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.
Royal Mail will only accept parcels up to 5kg in weight (2kg for Canada). If you are ordering multiple items that exceed these limits, please get in touch with us first so that we can advise you of the appropriate shipping rate.