Preserved Locomotives of British Railways 2018 Edition
The complete guide to all former main line steam, diesel and electric locomotives and multiple units that are still in existence.
Produced in a handy A5 format this book is a useful reference guide to preserved main line locomotives, steam, diesel and electric, plus multiple unit trains which can be seen today, working on Britain's many heritage railways, hauling tours on the national network and exhibited in railway and industrial heritage museums.
Each locomotive class is briefly described with principal dimensions followed by a list of existing locomotives with British Railways and previous numbers where applicable, current owner or location.
- All steam locomotives of British Railways, the 'Big Four' and their predecessors that are still in existence.
- Former War Department locomotives, replica and new build steam locomotives.
- Diesel and electric locomotives, multiple units and railcars of BR and pre-nationalisation companies.
- Currently carried number, former numbers, names, build dates, builder and home locations for every locomotive and multiple unit.
- A comprehensive list of preservation sites and heritage railways with OS grid references.
Softback, 160 pages, 80 colour photographs
Most books are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders below £10.00, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.