Making a Start in N Gauge Railway Modelling
Topics covered include:
- The different tract products that are available and the differences between sectional and flexible track
- How to lay track, cut it to size, join it, and connect it between baseboards
- The terminology of turnouts and the different ways to operate them
- The differences between DC and DCC control, and how to get power to the track
- Wiring for turnouts and isolation sections
- Types of ballasting and advice on how to apply and fix loose ballast
- Ready-to-run rolling stock available in N gauge as well as kit building and conversion of locomotives to DCC
- Couplers, from the traditional types to the latest designs such as knuckle couplers and close coupling mechanisms
- Modelling the railway infrastructure, such as platforms and signal boxes, how to make realistic rural and urban scenery, and how to bring your layout to life by adding details such as people, road vehicles and signs
Most orders are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment. If there is going to be a significant delay, we will endeavour to contact you and give you an estimated dispatch time.
Please be aware that advance orders will be sent as soon as the relevant book has been published.
When placing your order, please ensure that you add the correct full shipping address to your order. This includes house number, street name, zip code/post code. If parcels are returned on account of an incorrect shipping address we will contact you to seek the correct address and also ask that you pay a contribution towards posting the parcel to you a second time.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders of £10 or less, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour which is not tracked. If you require tracking for your order please get in touch before placing your order and we will quote you for the costs of adding tracking to your order.
Large, bulky or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.
Royal Mail will only accept parcels up to 5kg in weight (2kg for Canada). If you are ordering multiple items that exceed these limits, please get in touch with us first so that we can advise you of the appropriate shipping rate.