Making Model Railway Buildings
- Railway and non-railway model buildings, explaining how the latter can also enhance your trains
- Modelling attitudes, the use of scale, levels of detail and both regional vernacular and railway architecture
- Ready-made buildings that you can buy and demonstrates how you can adapt them to your own particular purposes
- Different materials available for building structures and ways of choosing, finding, measuring and recording suitable prototypes
- Step-by-step construction of a cardboard building kit to illustrate the use of basic modelling tools and to explain essential procedures and techniques
- Using and modifying 'out-of-the-box' model buildings and explores the subtleties of making model railway buildings from scratch without the use of a kit, or anything more than hand-tools and a few sheets of suitable material
- Guidance on the appropriate use of texture and colour, and shows how walls, doors, windows, roofs and chimneys can be created, painted, detailed and finished off
- Many aspects of lighting, including external lighting, such as street and platform lights, and the internal lighting of buildings, the problems they pose and how they can be resolved
- Lighting can create dramatic effects with reference, for example, to the installation of illuminated ground signals in N-gauge using the latest 'surface-mount' technology, and by producing brilliantly illuminated back-lit sunsets
Softback, 288 pages, colour photographs
Most orders are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment. If there is going to be a significant delay, we will endeavour to contact you and give you an estimated dispatch time.
Please be aware that advance orders will be sent as soon as the relevant book has been published.
When placing your order, please ensure that you add the correct full shipping address to your order. This includes house number, street name, zip code/post code. If parcels are returned on account of an incorrect shipping address we will contact you to seek the correct address and also ask that you pay a contribution towards posting the parcel to you a second time.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders of £10 or less, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour which is not tracked. If you require tracking for your order please get in touch before placing your order and we will quote you for the costs of adding tracking to your order.
Large, bulky or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.
Royal Mail will only accept parcels up to 5kg in weight (2kg for Canada). If you are ordering multiple items that exceed these limits, please get in touch with us first so that we can advise you of the appropriate shipping rate.