Modelling Engine Sheds & Motive Power Depots of The Steam Era
- Covers all types of engine shed from the branch line sub-shed to the main line motive power depot
- Discusses research, planning, the building process, readily available materials and simple tools
- Explains how to obtain the very best from kits, how to site and operate sheds, and how to make them look authentic
- Demonstrates the construction of over a dozen kits, including off-the-shelf kits and the newest computer downloadable kits
- Shows the modeller how to create special dioramas depicting the whole shed scene and how to scratch-build complete sheds, including coal stages and other infrastructure
- Provides advice for those with a limited amount of space, contains 'top tips' and is budget-conscious throughout
Most books are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders below £10.00, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.