Modelling Ports and Inland Waterways, A Guide for Railway Modellers
- Considers the history of ports and inland waterways, and the important role played by the railways in facilitating their operation
- Provides layout plans and ideas, all based on prototypes, that are aimed specifically at the scratch builder
- Presents a selection of modelling projects, including dioramas of both a canal wharf and two different estuary ports, supported by step-by-step photographs, drawings and track plans
- Pays attention to modelling some of the smaller vessels that might be included in a model as well as to the wharf and quayside buildings and equipment
- Discusses the modelling and painting techniques that can be used to create realistic-looking water
- Demonstrates how models can be made more convincing and brought to life by the addition of appropriate colour and weathering, and by the use of scale models of workers, and even birds and animals
Softback, 192 pages, colour photographs
Most orders are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment. If there is going to be a significant delay, we will endeavour to contact you and give you an estimated dispatch time.
Please be aware that advance orders will be sent as soon as the relevant book has been published.
When placing your order, please ensure that you add the correct full shipping address to your order. This includes house number, street name, zip code/post code. If parcels are returned on account of an incorrect shipping address we will contact you to seek the correct address and also ask that you pay a contribution towards posting the parcel to you a second time.
All orders over £20.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders of £20 or less, a £1.30 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour (the business equivalent of 2nd class mail) which is not tracked. If you require tracking for your, tracking options are available for a small fee. If the service that you require is not shown, please get in touch with us and we can quote for your desired service.
Large, bulky or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and you will be advised at the order fulfillment stage if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are usually sent via Air Mail - this is not tracked. If you required your order to be tracked or sent by a different service, please contact me, preferably before checkout.
Royal Mail will only accept parcels up to 5kg in weight (2kg for Canada). If you are ordering multiple items that exceed these limits, please contact us first so that we can advise you of the appropriate shipping rate.
Some countries charge import taxes and we suggest that in these cases, you asked for your order to be tracked so the local taxation authorities can trace your parcel.