Scratch-Building Model Railway Tank Locomotives, The Tilbury 4-4-2
- Considers how to begin the process of scratch-building a particular prototype, with particular reference to problem-solving and research
- Discusses the tools, products and materials used to build the model and examines how to complement scratch-building with etched parts and castings
- Covers the more complex tools and jigs that are employed for impressing rivets, rolling boilers and soldering chassis
- Examines the fault-finding methods used in order to get a simple chassis successfully up and running
- Explains the choices involved in providing springing and beam compensation
- Provides simple solutions for achieving a good paint finish
*** Please note that this is not a stock item. When you place an order for this item, we will request the book from the trade distributors and delivery time is typically extended by around 10 working days. ***
Most books are dispatched within two working days of receipt of cleared payment.
All orders over £10.00 are post free to all UK addresses. For orders below £10.00, a £1.25 postage fee will be added. These are normally sent via Royal Mail 48 Hour. Large or high value orders may be split in to multiple consignments or sent via courier. There is no additional charge for this and we will contact you if this happens.
Overseas orders are charged based on weight, and postage will be automatically calculated at checkout. For a postage quotation, please add the items you want to your cart and proceed to the checkout. All orders are normally sent via Air Mail.